An indulgent Banana Blondie Cheesecake produced from creamy baked vanilla cheesecake soaked in salted caramel, layered on top of a thick banana blondie.
- 3 (8- ounce) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 1/4 cup caramel sauce (store-bought)
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-low speed, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, 1- 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing until it’s smooth, scraping the sides and the bottom of the bowl as necessary. Next, slowly mix in the sour cream and milk until incorporated. Finally, add in the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes until the cheesecake is sort of set. The center will still be barely loose. Turn the oven off and permit the cheesecake to remain in the oven for 1 more hour without opening the oven.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, cover, and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Blondie: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper cut to fit the bottom of the pan. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray and set it aside.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the melted butter and sugar until combined on medium speed. Add in the egg and vanilla and blend on medium speed until it’s smooth. Stir in the salt and flour until just combined and eventually mix in the banana until incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, until the center is just set.
- Allow the blondie to cool in the pan.
- Assemble: When you’re ready to assemble the cheesecake remove the blondie from the pan and transfer it to a cake plate. Spread half of the caramel sauce on top of the blondie. Sprinkle the caramel with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan by sliding a large spatula under the cheesecake and placing it onto the caramel-coated blondie.
- Spread the remaining caramel sauce on top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with the remaining sea salt.
- Serve instantly or keep airtight and chilled until you’re ready to serve.
Store chilled airtight for up to 3 days.