This unbelievably easy and flavor-packed Caprese Chicken is as delicious and it’s beautiful!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (approx 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8– ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (log style)
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar or glaze to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and cut 6 slits in each breast (this can vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts), 3/4- of the way through, careful not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- Combine the salt and the Italian seasoning together and sprinkle evenly on top of the chicken.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella into 12 slices. Slice the 12 pieces in half, creating 24 half-moon shaped pieces.
- Repeating the same process as the cheese, slice the tomatoes into 12 slices, and then again in half, creating 24 half-moon tomato slices.
- Fill each slice in the chicken breasts with a small spoonful (a couple of teaspoon) of pesto, a slice of the cheese, and a slice of tomato.
- Place the chicken into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Garnish with sliced basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar if desired.
Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 1083.6 mg
- Fat: 14.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg