Creamy Italian Pastina is a fast and comfortable pasta dish full of rich, buttery, cheesy flavors, finished with an egg and fresh parmesan. The very definition of comfort food!
- 1 (12- ounce) box pastina
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature, whisked
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and more to garnish
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Add 4 cups of broth and the box of pastina into a 3- quart pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and boil for 6-7 minutes, until the broth is absorbed and the pastina is al dente.
- Remove the pot from the heat and instantly stir in the butter, egg, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season liberally with pepper and serve instantly.
- Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top. Add a little broth or water before heating to loosen up the pasta.