A mouthwatering Ginger Chicken recipe smothered in a sweet-and-sticky ginger soy glaze dotted with roasted peanuts. Try this Asian-inspired chicken recipe that cooks up in a skillet in under 20 minutes!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 limes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Rice to serve
- Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl combine chicken, ginger, zest of 1 lime, juice of 3 limes, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, garlic, and salt.
- Stir to combine and coat the chicken evenly. Allow the chicken to marinate for 1 hour.
- Cook chicken: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken to the pan, with a few tablespoons of the marinade. Stirring from time to time, cook until done and browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Once all the chicken is cooked, add it all back to the pan with 1 cup of the remaining marinade. Allow this to cook on medium-high for 3 – 4 minutes until most of the marinade has evaporated, stirring often. Add the chopped peanuts, and cilantro into the pan, stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.