This Easy Pizza Crust Recipe is going to be your go-to recipe from now on! Chewy, flavorful and on your dinner table in 30 minutes!
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni or preferred topping
- 1–2 tablespoons cornmeal if using a pizza stone
- Preheat oven to 425°F. If using a baking stone, place the baking stone in the oven while it preheats. Otherwise, lightly coat a pizza pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together 1 cup of flour, dry yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add warm water and oil. Stir using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula for 1 minute.
- Gradually add more flour to form a soft dough that holds together in a ball and is barely sticky.
- Knead on a floured surface for 4 minutes until smooth and elastic. Alternately, you can do this in the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix the ingredients together with the paddle attachment, and then attach the dough hook to knead for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Cover with a clean towel and permit the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough onto the prepared pizza pan. Or if you’re using a pizza stone to bake, I suggest doing this step on a floured pizza peel or a cutting board. Press the dough into a 12 – 15-inch circle.
- Top with your pizza sauce, cheese, and topping(s).
- Place the pizza pan into the oven, or if using a pizza stone, remove the stone from the oven and sprinkle with corn meal. Slide the pizza onto the stone and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 622
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 1595 mg
- Fat: 37.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.4 g
- Protein: 23.4 g
- Cholesterol: 66.3 mg