This Easy Stovetop Mac and Cheese is classic comfort food, made in one pot with just 5 ingredients!
- 1 pound shell pasta
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sharp grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is boiling, whisk both cheeses, evaporated milk, eggs, and salt together in a large sauce pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Continue cooking and stirring until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, reserve one cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Add the drained pasta to the cheese mixture and stir to coat the pasta utterly. Add in pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you desire. I normally end up using 3- 4 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Serve instantly.