This quick Garlic Bread Pasta recipe needs only 5 ingredients and tastes just like oven-baked garlic bread! Made with tender noodles tossed in a flavorful garlic butter pasta sauce with crunchy seasoned breadcrumbs.
- 1 pound Cavatappi Pasta
- 3/4 cup dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced (See Tip)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While pasta is boiling, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, continuing to cook the butter until browned and the colour of deep amber, continuously swirling the pan so it doesn’t burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the breadcrumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir the breadcrumbs to coat them in the butter and remove them from the heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and garlic together.
- Add the garlic butter to the bowl of drained pasta and toss to coat fully. Add the buttered breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
You can adjust the amount of garlic to add to this recipe depending on how much garlic you like. I use three large cloves when I make this for my family and it’s just garlicky enough for us, but I have a friend who added up to 7 cloves.