Hearty and flavorful Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a fast and simple shortcut to a comfort food favourite! Brimming with classic ingredients, including tender chicken, cozy egg noodles, herbs, and veggies in a savory chicken broth.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Carrots, cut into 1?4” thick coins
- 1/2 Cup Celery, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tablespoons Chicken Bouillon Paste
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken (breast, thighs, or mix)
- 2 Cups Egg Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Set the instant pot to saute mode. Add the oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring from time to time, for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, stirring continuously.
- Press cancel.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, chicken bouillon, broth, water, and undercooked chicken. Stir together.
- Seal the instant pot. Cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes. Naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes.
- Open the instant pot and remove the chicken. Set it aside to cool for a couple of minutes before cutting or shredding.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Turn the instant pot to saute again. Add the egg noodles and cook for 6 minutes (or until tender) with the lid off.
- Press cancel. Stir in the cut chicken and fresh parsley.
- Serve instantly.
You can use skin-on chicken, just ensure to remove any pieces of skin from the soup after cooking the chicken.