Your favourite old-fashioned sandwich turned into a stew! Perfect for cold weather and game day!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1–2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the diced onions and peppers cooking until the are barely softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat,
- Add in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, soup, corn, and smoked paprika, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour uncovered, stirring from time to time until thickened and flavors are combined.
- Serve warm.
Optional garnish ideas: cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese, croutons, tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Option: Steps 1 & 2 remain the same. Transfer meat mixture into a slow cooker, and add in the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 6 hours.
Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 791.5 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Protein: 27.9 g
- Cholesterol: 68.6 mg